Spruce Up For Spring
Swing open the curtains and let in some light. Clean out the cobwebs and chase away the dust bunnies. Spring is here friends and it is time to get to work.
A few weeks ago, we gave you all the info you needed to get your heat pump in tip-top shape for the season. Today, we are sharing some other ideas to help spruce up your spring electric bills.
- Switch to LED lighting if you haven’t already. LEDs emit very little heat in comparison with incandescent and CFLS. Be cautious though, if you are disposing of CFLs, make sure you do it the right way.
- Adjust your water heater setting to 120 degrees F. Water heating is a major contributor to your total energy consumption and having your temp too high is basically just throwing money out the window.
- Run your dishwasher, washer and dryer during the cooler hours of the evening to avoid adding unnecessary heat to your home.
- Turn off lights and other appliances when not in use. It will eventually become a habit and one that is well worth it the energy spent.
- Upgrade to Energy Star appliances. Save the planet one appliance at a time.
- Use power strips instead of plugging items into the wall. Avoid wasting electricity when devices are idle.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees F. The less your air conditioner or heat pump runs, the lower your bill could be.
- Consider purchasing a Smart Thermostat to help manage your home. Make technology work for you.
- Take advantage of the warmer temps and grill outside with your family and friends.
More questions or need more ideas for spring? Call us! We we’re here for you!